Monday, February 22, 2016

Forever Free

People across Utopia rejoiced today as the first group of indentured slaves in Kenna and its surrounding systems were granted full Utopian citizenship aboard Mozhaysky Gateway. 

Earlier Kenna was the scene of bitter fighting as forces loyal to Simguru Pranav Antal battled Senator Denton Patreus for control of the system. 

Under Utopian law all forms of slavery are forbidden, with those found smuggling or owning slaves subject to large fines and ethical realignment therapy on Polevnic. 

"I can have a normal life again," beamed one liberated slave. "I was forced to serve for ten years after my father defaulted on a debt. Now I am free to live my life without fear and look forward to a better future."

Commander Gan
Utopian News Network | Interstellar Press

Published in Polevnic and Kenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment