Monday, January 4, 2016

Utopia's Newest Initiate

Pranav Antal’s Utopian vision was predicted by commentators to see an influx of pilgrims at the beginning of the new standard year, as the Utopian message spreads across civilised space, but today there was an unexpected addition to Utopia’s initiates.

Amelia Chong, daughter of late Federal governor Neil Chong of VVO 19, made formal pledge to the Utopian cause at Tanner Settlement in Polevnic, just days after appearing before a congressional corruption committee on Mars. Ms. Chong stated:

“I loved my father but these past weeks it has become apparent to me just how deeply he was willing to compromise his principles, to betray a friend, to betray the Federation. That trial was a sham. Captain Oliver Jackson never kidnapped me; he liberated me from another Kumo captain and took me home. He’s painted as a monster but it’s all just scaremongering by the corporate press. The time I spent amongst his crew I learned just how mistreated they’d been by the Alliance, the Empire, the Federation. I feel ashamed that I believed the stories for so long. I won’t be surprised if Congress sweeps my testimony under the rug instead of taking action and addressing the problem. Perhaps Utopia can provide the answers I’m looking for, and that humanity so desperately needs.”

Cmdr Stateira 'Starcloak' Eleshenar
Regulus Observer | Interstellar Press

No comments:

Post a Comment